The Mongolian Beef Burger
course Main Dish
share this recipe
- 1 Pack Schweid & Sons Signature Series: The Chuck Brisket 5.3 oz
- 2 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- 1 TBSP Ginger (Minced)
- 5 Dried Chili Peppers (Optional)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup water (Or Chicken Stock)
- 4 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 2 Scallions
- 2 TBSP water
- 2 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Bean Sprouts
- 4 Steamed Buns
- Alternatively, you can serve this Burger over white rice instead of on a bun.
- If you can only get your hands on small steamed buns, this recipe works great with Schweid & Sons Signature Series: The Chuck Brisket Sliders! Cooking time on Burgers may vary. Other ingredient amounts and cooking times remain the same.
- Cook Burgers to order (4-5 minutes per side on high heat will usually yield Medium Rare). Set aside.
- Cut scallions into one-inch pieces on a diagonal.
- To a large pan on medium heat, add oil and allow to warm up. Add ginger and dried chili peppers (if desired)
- Wait about fifteen seconds, then add garlic.
- After about twenty-five seconds add soy sauce and water (or chicken stock).
- Bring to a simmer. Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Simmer for two minutes. Mix cornstarch with 2 TBSP of water and slowly stir into sauce until sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Add Burgers and scallions to sauce pan over low heat and coat Burgers with sauce. There should be little to no sauce left in the pan after coating Burgers.
- Build Your Burgers: Steamed Bun (wrapped around contents), Burger with Sauce, Bean Sprouts, Additional Scallions, Chili Peppers (if desired).