Accessibility Statement for www.schweidandsons.com
Schweid & Sons are committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We believe all persons should be able to access our site and are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to Support Accessibility
Schweid & Sons are taking the following measures to ensure accessibility of our Schweid & Sons website and our webstore:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Include people with disabilities in our design personas.
- Ensure our social media is accessible.
- Ensure our physical spaces are accessible.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
Schweid & Sons website supports WCAG 2.1 level A standards and most AA standards while only partially supporting some AA and applicable AAA standards.
Supports means that there is at least one method that meets the criterion without a known defect. Partially supports means that a part of a functionality may not fully meet a criterion.
As of December 2022, we are in the process of assessing and remediating our website in anticipation of the new WCAG 2.2 criteria to be issued by the W3C.
Additional Accessibility Considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.2 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria:
- Images of text are only used for decorative purposes.
- Re-authentication, after a session expires, does not cause loss of data.
- All main text has a contrast ratio of at least 7:1.
- Context-sensitive help is available.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Schweid & Sons. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on our site or webstore:
- Phone (201) 939-4747
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: 666 16th Street, Carlstadt, NJ 07072
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Schweid & Sons website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome with VoiceOver on Mac OS.
- Google Chrome with NVDA on Windows 10.
- Google Chrome with JAWS on Windows 10.
- Google Chrome with VoiceOver on iOS
- Google Chrome with Talkback on Android
Schweid & Sons website may not be compatible with:
- Browsers older than three major versions
- Mobile operating systems older than three years
The accessibility of our website relies on the following technologies to work with different web browsers and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the WCAG standards.
Limitations and Alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Schweid & Sons website and our webstore, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Schweid & Sons:
- Carousel controls may not be accessible via mobile devices or by some screen readers. The carousel pages are links to the latest news and updates and locations. Both of which are accessible via the main menu.
- Map Locator widget: This tool to identify local stores visually on a map may not be fully accessible to those with visual deficiencies. We are currently working with the developer to improve the accessibility. Our products can be ordered online via our store, Instacart, and several national chains.
- Buy Online and shop.schweidandsons.com. This domain is operated by a third party for online purchases. While this site is only partially conformant to WCAG 2.1 standards, we recognize there is an accessibility overlay on the site. We are currently working to ensure the accessibility of the site and to have the overlay removed. Users may encounter some barriers making an online purchase. Please contact us if you experience issues or visit one of our physical locations near you to purchase our products.
- ALT+Text for images: uploaded images may not have text alternatives. We monitor user comments and typically repair issues within five business days.
- Comments from users: uploaded images may not have text alternatives
because we cannot ensure the quality of contributions. We monitor user comments and typically repair issues within 10 business days. Please contact us if you encounter an issue.
- Archived blogs, news, and recipes: Might not work with current assistive technologies because they use outdated technologies that do not support accessibility. We convert documents to new formats upon request within three business days.
New Possibilities Group, LLC, assessed the accessibility of Schweid & Sons website by utilizing the following approaches:
- External evaluation using automated scanning.
- External evaluation using assistive technology.
- External evaluation using manual assessment techniques by persons with documented disabilities.
Evaluation Report and Statement
An evaluation report for Schweid & Sons website will be available once our site is assessed against the new WCAG 2.2 criteria and remediations are made. Older reports are available upon request.
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within five business days and to propose a solution within ten business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the national authority, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.