French Onion Soup Burger
course Main Dish
share this recipe
Share this Recipe
- Slice Onions thin and set aside.
- Melt Butter with Olive Oil in a pot on medium heat. Add Onions and continually stir until tender and translucent. Do not brown the Onions.
- Add Beef Broth, Sherry, and Thyme. Season with Salt and Pepper, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cook Burgers to order (4-5 minutes per side on high heat will usually yield Medium Rare).
- When Burgers are near done, add slice of Gruyere and allow to melt.
- Build your Burger: Bottom Bun, Burger with melted Gruyere, scoop of Onions, Top Bun.