The Mozzarella Monster
course Main Dish
share this recipe
Share this Recipe
- Slice the 16 oz block of mozzarella cheese into four thick, even slices. Set aside.
- Slice tomato to desired thickness. Set aside.
- Crack 3 eggs into a medium sized bowl. Beat.
- Pour 1 cup of Italian style bread crumbs into separate bowl.
- Cover the slices of mozzarella in eggs, then bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Heat oil in pan. Place breaded cheese into oil and fry until golden brown, flipping once. (Hint: Using a good spatula is best to carefully flip the cheese as it will be melty and a little difficult to handle). Place on plate and set aside.
- Cook all four Burgers to order (4-5 minutes per side on high heat for medium rare).
- Place two slices of provolone cheese on each Burger.
- Build your Burger: Mozzarella slice bottom bun, tomatoes, Burger, second Burger, top mozzarella slice bun. Enjoy!