Andrew Zurica’s Bacon Cheeseburger
course Main Dish
share this recipe
Share this Recipe
- 1. On flat top grill, cook bacon until just before crisp. Remove.
- 2. Toss diced onion onto grill into rendered bacon fat. Pour clarified butter into onions and cook on high heat. Toss until completely browned with burnt bits (most of the water should be cooked out of the onions at this point). Add salt and pepper to taste and sugar. Toss for 2-3 more minutes.
- 3. Place onions into square tin and keep on heat until reduced to a jam-like consistency.
- 4. Grill burger to order and place american cheese on top. For a quick melt, pour a small amount of water near burger and cover for 10-20 seconds.
- 5. Remove burger from grill and place on Martin’s Sandwich Potato Roll.
- 6. Top with onions and bacon. Serve.