George Motz & Keizo Shimamoto’s Smashed Ramen Burger
course Main Dish
share this recipe
Share this Recipe
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook ramen as normal without adding seasoning packet. Drain and let cool.
- Beat together salt, pepper, egg, and ramen noodles. Divide the now coated noodles into two separate, even portions.
- Place the portions into the ramekins and cover with plastic wrap. Place a weight, like a can of soda or soup, on the noodles to create an indent for the buns. Let chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables by thinly slicing the Vidalia onion and scallion. Set aside.
- Take a handful of the Schweid & Sons Prime Burger and roll into a loose ball in the palm of your hands.
- Place the rolled Burger patty in a cast iron pan with a large wad of paper-thin sliced onions and smash it with a spatula, preferably one of Motz's craft Smashulas. Cook Burger to order (4-5 minutes per side on high heat will usually yield Medium Rare).
- Remove ramen buns from fridge and heat on low-flame pan with sesame oil until slightly browned.
- Build your Burger: Top ramen bun, fresh arugula, smashed onion Burger, Keizo's secret shoyu sauce, scallions, bottom ramen bun.