Hatch Green Chile Burger
course Main Dish
share this recipe
- 2 lbs Schweid & Sons Signature Series: The Chuck Brisket
- 1 Large Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 cup Hatch Green Chile (coarsely chopped)
- 6 slices White American Cheese
- 6 Martin's Potato Roll
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1 tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
- Sriracha Sauce (to taste)
Share this Recipe
- In a large bowl, mix beef, eggs, Montreal Steak Seasoning, and half of Liquid Smoke until thoroughly combined. Form beef into six round patties. Place on wax paper and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Dice Yellow Onion. Melt butter and sautee onions on medium heat until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan, sautee Hatch Green Chiles until lightly browned. Combine onions and chiles and set aside.
- On high heat, sear Burger patties (on both sides) for 2-3 minutes. Once seared, place Burger patties on an oven-safe tray and top with chile-onion mixture and White American Cheese, and place into a preheated oven (350 degrees). Allow to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until desired doneness.
- While Burgers cook in the oven, combine Mayo, Lemon Juice, Sriracha Sauce, and remainder of Liquid Smoke in a bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Set aside.
- Apply Spicy Mayo to top and bottom bun, then place Burger on bottom bun.