1. Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for several minutes until they are softened. Add Schweid & Sons ground beef (and pork sausage if you add it). Cook until browned and drain of 80% of the fat.
2. Add tomatoes, sauce, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to meat. Stir & simmer for 25-30 minutes. After that time, remove 3 cups to a different bowl to cool down.
3. Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. Pre heat oven to 375°F. When pasta is done, drain and rinse under cool water.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta, 2 cups of the mozzarella, parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper. Stir a couple of times to combine. Add in the cooled pasta and toss lightly. Add the cooled meat sauce and toss lightly.
5. Build the dish! Add a layer of sauce to the bottom of a casserole dish. Add half the coated pasta in and add half of the sauce on top followed by some mozzarella cheese. Repeat this twice to have two full layers.
6. Baked for 20 minutes or until bubbling. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.