Summer Garden Bounty Make the Best Burger Toppings
It’s fresh ingredients from the summer garden season!
Whether you have a green thumb or not, we can all enjoy the fruits (and vegetables) of summer gardens.
For the home gardeners out there, you have the best stuff (for Burgers) at your disposal all throughout the warm growing months (depending on your neck of the woods). If you don’t have a garden of your own, then look for locally grown produce at your local farmstand, farmer’s market, or the fresh produce aisle of your local grocer.
So what garden goodies should you pair with The Very Best Burgers? We’ve got a few ideas for some of the best Burger toppings.
- Tomatoes – slice them up fresh for a perfect Burger topping
- Cukes – one word…pickles.
- Fresh lettuce – so many garden varieties, so little time.
- Squash – have you ever tried fried squash flowers?
- Peppers – bell, hot, you name it…saute them up and pop them on top of your Burger.
- Eggplant – slice thin, grill, and layer with any of the above!
- Garlic – mix it in fresh with your favorite Schweid & Sons ground beef for extra flavor.
- Herbs – add it to the garlic and repeat the mix in 😉
- Flowers – edible flowers like nasturtiums add color to a garden bed and a colorful garnish to Burgers.
All of these veggies are great grilled and on top of a grilled Burger! And don’t forget the fruit! Raspberries, blueberries, and other wild varieties can make a delicious Burger sauce or vinaigrette. Try this Raspberry Garden Burger recipe for an unexpected Burger inspired by one of summer’s sweet fruits.