Our friends over at Brother Jimmy’s BBQ know how to party.
We’re not just talking music-and-drinks kind of partying. We’re talking about the kind of party that takes place in your mouth and makes your taste buds do an epic handstand out of joy.
With locations in New York City, New Jersey, Long Island, Westchester, Connecticut, Maryland, and Florida, you could say that the folks at BJ’s have sufficiently covered the East Coast with crazy good eats.
Enter Chef Eva Pesantez. She’s been the Executive Chef at Brother Jimmy’s for over 10 years. Not too long ago, she shared the recipe for the restaurant’s signature BBQ burger in honor of NYC Burger Week.
Today, she’s bringing us something a little different: hand-cut French fries piled high with ground beef chili (made with Schweid & Sons ground beef, of course). And there’s an extra flavor bonus for those of you who have access to a smoker, as you’ll see below.
- 1 lb Schweid & Sons ground beef
- 2 cups diced Spanish onion
- 2 cups diced bell pepper green and or red
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 - 32 oz crushed tomaotes
- 1 - 15 oz diced tomato in juice
- 1 - 15 oz kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 bottle Beer I like to use an amber ale, brown ale
- 2 1/2 lbs Russet/Idaho potatoes rinsed, not peeled
- 2 quarts peanut or vegetable oil
- 3/4 - 1 lb cheddar cheese grated
About Chef Eva
Chef Eva Pesantez has run kitchens in NYC, Long Island, and Boston for 30 years, including several years as a pastry chef. She has been the Executive Chef at Brother Jimmy’s for over 10 years now.
Check out Chef Eva’s recipe from NYC Burger Week 2016: Brother Jimmy’s Signature BBQ Burger.