Burgers in the Air Fryer
Did you get an Air Fryer for the holidays?? Have you been wondering, now what? Like, what do I do with this thing?
Not to worry, Schweid & Sons to the rescue! Here are a few helpful tips to get you up and running with your new appliance.
- Preheat your fryer
- Add water (or bread) to the air fryer drawer when cooking foods with a high-fat content
- Flip what you’re cooking at the halfway mark
- Open the air fryer to check the cooking progress (it won’t interfere with cooking time or outcome)
- Shake the fryer basket
- Spray food with oil before putting it in the fryer (take out part way and spray again for extra crispiness)
- Place the fryer under your stove’s hood (to take in the smoke or steam )
Air Fryer Don’ts
- Overcrowd the basket (less is more)
- Try and cook things like battered foods, fresh greens, raw grains, toast or popcorn (you’ll be disappointed)
- Put small items in the fryer (they can get swept up into the fan)
- Mist food with cooking spray while it’s inside the air fryer (remove it from the fryer first)
Ok, now for what we love the air fryer for most, cooking The Very Best Burgers!
Step 2: Following the tips above add water to the drawer (optional), then put your patties in at 375 for 5 to 7 minutes.
Step 3: Flip the Burgers and cook the other side for 4 to 5 additional minutes. Add cheese now for Cheeseburgers.
Step 4: Voila! Take your delicious Burger out of the air fryer and add toppings and condiments of your choice.
For more great tips, recipes, and exclusive promotions, get on the list – our email list that is 😉 Sign up for our newsletter here.