There are holidays and then there are food holidays!
Somebody somewhere sometime decided that May 28th is National Hamburger Day, or International Hamburger Day, depending on who you ask. We don’t know who they are but we would like to thank them. It’s only right that America’s favorite sandwich has a day dedicated to it and not just here in the good old U.S. of A, National Hamburger Day happens all over the world.
Some people celebrate National Hamburger Day on December 21st, which is not to be confused with September 28th. That is National Cheeseburger Day which is specifically for Burger eaters who demand Cheese on their Burger. If you’re a modernist and have dropped the “Ham,” National Burger Day is July 28th. We say celebrate them all!
The origins of all of these Burger Days are just as as arguable as who invented the Hamburger itself. But no matter which of these days you celebrate, it doesn’t matter because honestly, everyday can be Hamburger Day if you deem it so! The only wrong way to enjoy National Hamburger Day is to ignore.
Here are some great ways to have fun with National Hamburger Day.
NATIONAL HAMBURGER DAY PROMOTIONAL IDEAS FOR RESTAURANTS
1. Special one time only Burger builds with unique toppings like:
- Nacho Chips
- Mac N Cheese
2. Special “International” themed Burger builds like:
- Italian Pizza Burger with marinara and mozzarella cheese
- Cuban themed Burger with roast pork, pickles, mustard and shoestring french fries
- Aussie Burger with “the lot” – egg, cheese, lettuce, tomato, pineapple, mayo & beet root.
3. A Burger “flight” – 3 Mini-Burgers all made with different ground beef blends like Chuck, Wagyu or a Custom Blend.
4. Host a Hamburger eating contest and make a donation to a charity that the winner of the contest chooses.
5. Have a contest where your best customers suggest a unique Burger build and let people vote for their favorite on your social networks.
HOW TO CELEBRATE NATIONAL HAMBURGER DAY YOURSELF
1. Have your friends over for a backyard BBQ & make them some killer Burgers like this Buffalo Wing Burger
2. Eat a Burger for every meal of the day, each at a different restaurant.
3. Host a Burger meet up for your friends at you favorite local Burger joint.
Do you have a suggestion on how to celebrate National Hamburger Day or a great Burger recipe you’d like to share? Get in touch!