There’s something to be said about a Burger that combines elements from breakfast, lunch, and dinner. After all, why should you have to choose between the decadent flavor of an egg smothered in Hollandaise sauce and the satisfaction of eating your favorite Burger cooked to perfection?
That’s why we’re in love with this amazing recipe shared by our friend Chef Scott Hines from B&O American Brasserie in downtown Baltimore. Call it indulgent. Call it a literal incarnation of brunch. We call it flat out delicious! And now you can make it for yourself by following the recipe below.
Scott Hines’s Cheddar Hollandaise Burger
- Schweid & Sons Katana Blend Burger
- Spent Grain Burger Bun
Cheddar Hollandaise Sauce:
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 3 dashes Tabasco hot sauce
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lbs butter
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 3 thyme sprigs
- Chop bacon into very small pieces. Place in cold pan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Small-dice shallots and add to bacon; cook for 5 minutes more.
- Pour out rendered fat (save for future use) and add brown sugar, sherry vinegar, and whole thyme sprigs.
- Cook until thick (like jam!), then pull out thyme stems.
Cheddar Hollandaise Sauce:
- Melt butter and allow to cool slightly (you want it to be warm, not too hot) .
- Place all ingredients (except butter and cheese) into blender; turn blender on to medium speed.
- While blender is running, slowly drizzle butter into blender. Do not do this too quick or the sauce will separate. If the sauce gets too thick, slowly add some warm water.
- When the butter is incorporated, blend in cheddar cheese.
- While the bacon jam is cooking, season your Burgers with salt and pepper and grill until desired temperature.
- While the Burgers are resting, cook one sunny-side-up egg (or whatever kind of egg you want!).
- Place your Burger onto the bottom bun, then spread bacon jam on top of the patty.
- Top with arugula, followed by the sunny-side-up egg.
- Top egg with Hollandaise sauce then chopped scallions.
About Scott Hines
Chef Scott Hines is currently Executive Sous Chef at B&O American Brasserie in downtown Baltimore. He has worked his way up through some of the top kitchens in Baltimore, and he is excited that he gets to share his love and passion with the city of Baltimore!
Follow schweid & Sons
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.