Happy National Meatball Day! Although no one really knows the origin of this holiday, who are we to turn down an excuse to celebrate such a versatile way to cook ground beef? Because let’s face it—whether big or little, whether on top of spaghetti or stuffed into a giant sandwich, meatballs are amazing.
Want to blow your friends’ and family’s minds at your next dinner party? Whip up a batch of these killer rosemary meatballs, which is featured in our new cookbook, This Is Not A Hamburger Cookbook.
The recipe created by our director of marketing, Rev Ciancio who had this to say about them; “I dedicate this recipe one of the sweetest ladies the world has ever seen, my late Grandmother Helen. Her love of Family Food and Roses inspired me to create this recipe.”
No Apologies Rosemary Meatballs
- 10 ounces Ground Beef, Schweid & Sons Butcher’s Blend
- 6 ounces Sweet Italian Pork Sausage, skin removed
- 4 ounces Hot Italian Pork Sausage, skin removed
- 1 1/2 cups Panko
- 1 Large Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Coarse Salt and Ground Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3-4 strips Bacon
- In a large bowl, combine Beef, Italian Sausage, Panko Bread Crumbs, Egg, Garlic, Rosemary, Lemon Juice, 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Salt, and 1/4 teaspoon Pepper. Mix just until combined.
- Fry the Bacon in a pan and do NOT throw away the grease. I suggest the gourmet Boss Hog Country Bacon from Baconfreak.com.
- Line a glass pan with the Bacon Grease & 1 Teaspoon of Olive Oil.
- Form 1” Meatballs and place into pan.
- Bake for approx 25 minutes at 350 degrees in the oven.
- Serve with your favorite Red Sauce. I’d give you my family recipe, but it’s a secret. If you really want to make a hit with these, make your sauce fresh and don’t use from the jar.
- Enjoy a night of apology-free partying.
Follow schweid & Sons
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.