We at Schweid and Sons take enormous pride in feeding American families and communities. We've thrived because you've placed your trust in us for more than 40 years.
Despite these difficult times, we pledge that we will continue to maintain the finest quality and availability of all products carrying our name.
We feed your families and there is no greater responsibility.
Rest assured that Schweid and Sons is dedicated to supporting our food service partners. And, if you’re eager to find our products on your supermarket shelves, we’re fully committed to meeting your needs. And if your local store is out of stock, let us know and we'll get on it immediately.
As a family business, we pledge to treat each of you as we treat each other: with respect, care and best wishes for good health in the days and months ahead.
Spend this time safely with your loved ones. Do not hesitate to contact us at 201-939-4747 with any questions.
There is something to be said about comfort food. It warms you up on cold, rainy days and it brings with it some of the most exciting flavors you can experience in food. The Patty Melt is no exception. A mix between a Burger and a grilled cheese sandwich, the Patty Melt features a Burger patty (or ground beef) smashed between grilled bread and cheese.
We put together a recipe for this American classic with our friends at Martin’s Potato Rolls. It’s guaranteed to warm you up and comfort you even on the rainiest of days!
1. Season Schweid & Sons The Prime Burger* patties with salt and pepper.
2. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the sliced onions with salt and pepper, and saute until softened and browned, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Transfer the onions to a bowl.
3. Add more oil to the skillet and heat over high heat. Cook Burger patties, flipping once each, until well browned, about 4 minutes total. (Work in batches as necessary). Transfer patties to a plate.
4. Top each of 4 potato bread slices with some of the onions, a cheese slice, and a Burger patty. Top each Burger with a cheese slice and another piece of potato bread. Using a table knife, spread butter over the top and bottom of each sandwich.
5. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook each sandwich, flipping once, until golden-brown and hot, about 6 minutes. (Work in batches as necessary).
Share this Recipe
About Martin’s Famous Pastry Shoppe
Martin’s Famous Pastry Shoppe, Inc. is a family owned and operated consumer goods company headquartered in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. They are a bread and roll manufacturer that is rigorously dedicated to extraordinary taste, quality and customer service and proudly represents their legacy of cherished eating experiences.
Their story starts in the 1950s, in the heart of “Pennsylvania Dutch” country in the kitchen of Lois and Lloyd Martin. It was there that they perfected their potato roll. In 1958, they converted their garage into a small bakery and throughout the next twenty years, distribution grew from local farmers’ markets to corner grocery stores and on to supermarkets. The sweet, buttery taste, soft texture, and distinctive golden color made the Martin’s Potato Roll an instant favorite.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: The account for schweidandsons needs to be reconnected. Due to recent Instagram platform changes this Instagram account needs to be reconnected in order to continue updating. Reconnect on plugin Settings page