Tips on How To Safely Freeze Your Burgers
One of the questions we get asked most often is, “Can I freeze my Schweid and Sons Burgers?”
The short answer is yes. But ask any Burger enthusiast, and they’ll tell you there are definitely some rules to follow when storing, thawing, and freezing The Very Best Burgers.
Schweid & Sons Burgers start with the freshest meat possible, and we deliver them to your door just as fresh – never frozen. The last thing you want to do is buy delicious, mouthwatering premium Burgers and have them go to waste because you didn’t know how to store them properly.
If you’re not planning on eating your Schweid & Sons Burgers before the Use By date, we highly encourage you to freeze them by following a few safe steps.
- Freeze your Burgers as soon as possible in their unopened original packaging.
- Put the Burgers in the coldest part of the freezer (hint: not near the door).
- Freeze between 24 to 48 hours to ensure they are properly stored for thawing down the road.
Now, what are the best tips to safely thaw those frozen Burgers? Let’s break it down.
- When you’re ready to thaw the Burgers, place the entire package (do not open it yet) in the refrigerator and allow 24-28 hours for a full thaw, depending on your refrigerator settings.
- While many experts say it’s OK to quick thaw Burgers in cool water or the microwave, our four generations of expertise do not recommend it.
- After your Burgers are thawed, cook them immediately (within two days), and we do not recommend re-freezing.
So what Burgers do we recommend? Everything, of course 😉 That’s why we created beef blends and Burger bundles like the Very Best Burger Night and All Our Beef Favorites in One, so you can try some now and freeze the rest for later.
To see all of our premium pre-made Burger patties, shop local at one of our partner stores.
If you love meat as much as we do, then be sure to sign up for the Schweid and Sons email newsletter so you don’t miss out on what’s new, including exclusive promotions!