Cari Garcia is also known as Fat Girl Hedonist, one of Miami’s foremost food bloggers and Instagram influencers. She joins the Like, Bite & Share Podcast to share her knowledge and best practices for creating an online community and driving traffic to your food blog. On this episode you’ll learn the dos and don’ts of working with social influencers.
ABOUT THE SHOW
Like Bite & Share is a podcast about marketing in the food business, brought to you by Schweid & Sons. Each episode includes an insightful interview with food marketing professionals.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Be wary about comped meals and items from restaurants and brands. Feeling obligated to disingenuously say that something was good when it wasn’t is something you don’t want to experience.
- It’s best to express negative opinions of a restaurant to those who can effect change, while you’re at the restaurant, before publishing those opinions on your blog.
- Focus most of your social media energy on Instagram first, then Twitter. Facebook is difficult to get traction on when you’re first starting out. If you have the time for it, it’s good to experiment with channels like Snapchat.
- Be safe and wait until you leave a restaurant before you post about it.
- Be consistent. If you’re running a blog and social media channels about food, your content should be about food. Resist the urge to muddy your brand with photos of other things.
- Many large Instagram accounts will repost your photos if you use their hashtags. That’s a great way to spread your content and receive credit from larger accounts, which could expose new followers to your account. Post the hashtags as a new comment below your initial caption, and do so immediately after posting the photo so that the hashtags don’t get buried in the feed.
- You don’t need a fancy camera to take great food photos. Natural light is great for taking great food photos. Take a lot of photos and choose the best one.
- Don’t feed the trolls.
Learn more about Cari Garcia
Follow schweid & Sons
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.