How To Make A Pulled Pork Cheeseburger — Recipe
As we come down from a long Memorial Day weekend, how do we recover from all of the amazing food—especially the Burgers—in which we’ve indulged?
If you ask us, the answer is to keep eating great Burgers.
It’s exactly that kind of tenacity that brings us this delicious recipe from Matt Jones, the sous chef at the SugarHouse Casino in Philadelphia, PA. The SugarHouse boasts not one, not two, but eight restaurants and bars to feed and hydrate the hungry masses that come to the casino for a good time. As such, Jones is no stranger to the particular palate of the Philly foodie.
But this particular Burger has a little something for everyone. The spice of the jalapeños is balanced perfectly by the sweet influence of barbecue sauce and cranberries, and the combination of beef and pork will ensure that there’s never a moment during your dining experience that you’ll think about eating anything else.
Pulled Pork Cheeseburger
- 7oz Burger
- 4oz pulled pork
- Sliced jalapeños
- BBQ sauce
- 2oz Cheddar and Pepper Jack mix
- Sliced cherry peppers
- Cilantro sour cream.
- Cook the Burger to the desired temperature, then melt the cheese mix on top.
- Mix the pulled pork with cranberries and sliced jalapeños, then add on top of the Burger.
- Top with 4 slices of cherry peppers.
- On the top bun, spread the cilantro sour cream.
- Put it all together and dig in!
About Matt Jones
Matt Jones is a sous chef at SugarHouse Casino. He is interested in creating well-thought dishes with seasonal and local ingredients.