We at Schweid and Sons take enormous pride in feeding American families and communities. We've thrived because you've placed your trust in us for more than 40 years.
Despite these difficult times, we pledge that we will continue to maintain the finest quality and availability of all products carrying our name.
We feed your families and there is no greater responsibility.
Rest assured that Schweid and Sons is dedicated to supporting our food service partners. And, if you’re eager to find our products on your supermarket shelves, we’re fully committed to meeting your needs. And if your local store is out of stock, let us know and we'll get on it immediately.
As a family business, we pledge to treat each of you as we treat each other: with respect, care and best wishes for good health in the days and months ahead.
Spend this time safely with your loved ones. Do not hesitate to contact us at 201-939-4747 with any questions.
There are a ton of ways you can incorporate bacon and onions into your Burger creation. Whether you’re going for the smoky beauty of onion jam or you just want to pile as much bacon on your Burger as humanly possible, you really can’t go wrong with either—and you definitely can’t go wrong with both.
Naturally, we fell in love with this recipe shared with us by Havird Usry, the executive chef and one of the geniuses behind Fat Man’s Mill Café in Augusta, GA. The Usry family has seen Fat Man’s through a number of evolutions since the 1940’s (which we can appreciate, being a four-generation business ourselves). Now run by brothers Brad and Havird, the café serves up a variety of classic sandwiches that every generation can enjoy.
This Burger combines the best of both worlds: sweet maple brown sugar bacon and tangy pickled red onions topping a juicy Burger on a (what else?) brioche bun. It’s perfect for those who like their Burgers with a bit of sweetness, a bit of crunch, and a whole lot of flavor.
1. Pickle your julienned red onions and pan fry 2 pieces of Wright's thick-cut maple brown sugar bacon. After they are prepared, set aside to assemble the Burger later.
2. Season the Schweid & Sons Signature Series: Chuck Brisket ground beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and fold in shredded cheddar cheese. Form into one large patty.
3. Cook Burger on medium-high cast iron skillet or grill. You want a good sear on both sides. Cook to medium rare, then let it rest in cast iron or indirect heat on the grill for about 3-4 minutes (depending on heat).
4. Butter your brioche bun and toast to a golden brown.
5. Mix your chipotle mayo and horseradish. Spread it on both sides of your bun.
6. Add your arugula, pickled red onion, bacon.
7. Add LOVE! Add SOUL!
Share this Recipe
About Havird Usry
Havird, an Augusta GA native, is the executive chef and vice president of Fat Man’s Mill Café & Enterprise Mill Events. He has led and managed major growth in the business over the past 7 years.
Hav and Brad thought the next step for their business was to be more culinary based. This led Hav to Helm’s Culinary Institute, where he graduated as an Executive Chef, first in his class. Hav is married to Dr. Brooke Harrison Usry, who has a dental practice in North Augusta, and they have a beautiful daughter, Hudson Grace. They also have a really cool dog named Otis!
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: The account for schweidandsons needs to be reconnected. Due to recent Instagram platform changes this Instagram account needs to be reconnected in order to continue updating. Reconnect on plugin Settings page