We at Schweid and Sons take enormous pride in feeding American families and communities. We've thrived because you've placed your trust in us for more than 40 years.
Despite these difficult times, we pledge that we will continue to maintain the finest quality and availability of all products carrying our name.
We feed your families and there is no greater responsibility.
Rest assured that Schweid and Sons is dedicated to supporting our food service partners. And, if you’re eager to find our products on your supermarket shelves, we’re fully committed to meeting your needs. And if your local store is out of stock, let us know and we'll get on it immediately.
As a family business, we pledge to treat each of you as we treat each other: with respect, care and best wishes for good health in the days and months ahead.
Spend this time safely with your loved ones. Do not hesitate to contact us at 201-939-4747 with any questions.
How To Make Andrew Zurica’s Bacon Cheeseburger — Recipe
If you live in or around New York City and you love yourself a killer bacon Cheeseburger (we know that you do), the bacon Cheeseburger from Hard Times Sundaes needs to go on your Burger bucket list. Grilled to perfection on a flat top grill and smothered with onions, American cheese, and a healthy serving of crispy bacon, this bacon Cheeseburger is one of the most delicious you’ll ever encounter.
But just in case you can’t get to NYC to try one out in person, we’ve got you covered. Andrew Zurica of Hard Times Sundaes shared his recipe for this iconic American Burger with us so you could make it at home. And don’t forget to sandwich your Burger between Martin’s Potato Rolls—they’re the bun of choice for Hard Times Sundaes (and should be your favorite too!).
1. On flat top grill, cook bacon until just before crisp. Remove.
2. Toss diced onion onto grill into rendered bacon fat. Pour clarified butter into onions and cook on high heat. Toss until completely browned with burnt bits (most of the water should be cooked out of the onions at this point). Add salt and pepper to taste and sugar. Toss for 2-3 more minutes.
3. Place onions into square tin and keep on heat until reduced to a jam-like consistency.
4. Grill burger to order and place american cheese on top. For a quick melt, pour a small amount of water near burger and cover for 10-20 seconds.
5. Remove burger from grill and place on Martin’s Sandwich Potato Roll.
6. Top with onions and bacon. Serve.
Share this Recipe
About Andrew Zurica
Andrew Zurica has over 25 years of relevant experience in the food service industry being with family owned restaurants in the 80s. Andrew oversaw general construction, kitchen operation, sanitation and overall management of day to day operations. His Bacon Cheeseburger was recently voted #2 at Timeout New York’s Battle of the Burger, and Hard Times Sundaes has been named the #1 Burger Truck in NYC by several critics.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: The account for schweidandsons needs to be reconnected. Due to recent Instagram platform changes this Instagram account needs to be reconnected in order to continue updating. Reconnect on plugin Settings page