We at Schweid and Sons take enormous pride in feeding American families and communities. We've thrived because you've placed your trust in us for more than 40 years.
Despite these difficult times, we pledge that we will continue to maintain the finest quality and availability of all products carrying our name.
We feed your families and there is no greater responsibility.
Rest assured that Schweid and Sons is dedicated to supporting our food service partners. And, if you’re eager to find our products on your supermarket shelves, we’re fully committed to meeting your needs. And if your local store is out of stock, let us know and we'll get on it immediately.
As a family business, we pledge to treat each of you as we treat each other: with respect, care and best wishes for good health in the days and months ahead.
Spend this time safely with your loved ones. Do not hesitate to contact us at 201-939-4747 with any questions.
Obviously, we’re down to eat Burgers all year ’round, but let’s be honest here. The absolute best time of year to enjoy them is during the summer. Who doesn’t love to fire up the grill, crack a cold beverage of their choosing, and go to town on some good eats?
And boy, do we have some good eats for you this summer.
This week’s recipe comes from our friend Dan Greenough, the Executive Chef of Burtons Grill in Hingham, MA. Burtons Grill is our favorite type of restaurant for a few different reasons. Not only do they serve amazing food ranging from rib-sticking classics to vegetarian and gluten-free options, but they also have 11 locations across Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Virginia, and South Carolina. That means you could fuel an epic East Coast road trip almost entirely on Burtons Grill’s killer cuisine alone.
Of course, if you’re staying local this summer, don’t sweat it. You can still enjoy a solid Burtons-style Burger with this gem from Chef Dan.
1. Season the Burgers with 1/4 tsp bronze seasoning on each side and grill for 2 minutes, then rotate a 1/4 turn and grill for 2 additional minutes. When placing the Burgers on grill, also put the bacon on a sizzle plate on the shelf so it allows for the bacon to heat up and get crispy.
2. Flip the Burgers and grill to the desired temperature, then brush with BBQ sauce, rotating the Burgers so there is no charring.
3. Add 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce and 2 slices of cheese, and melt under salamander for 20-30 seconds. You should not be able to see 2 separate slices of cheese.
4. Build each Burger on metal spatula (Burger, cheese, cross the bacon, tomato, potato chips, coleslaw) and place on bottom bun. Squeeze 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce on the top bun.
5. Serve on a large dinner plate with top bun angled on the Burger and your choice of side(s).
Share this Recipe
About Chef Dan Greenough
Dan Greenough has worked in the restaurant industry for over 25 years. He joined Burtons Grill as the Executive Chef of the Hingham, MA location, where he was later promoted to the corporate chef role. In his current role he is now responsible for all new menu development including LTOs, promotions and local special events, vendor relationships, new store openings including kitchen design, equipment and smallware packages and BOH opening staff training and development, ongoing BOH management and staff training and continued recipe maintenance.
Prior to Burtons Grill, Dan held numerous positions within the industry. Positions include the executive chef of the Ocean Club on Boston Harbor, Executive Sous Chef and purchasing director at the internationally acclaimed Salish Lodge and Spa near Seattle, and the corporate chef for Siro’s Restaurant Group. He also opened his own restaurant, Temptest, in Los Angeles, CA, which earned distinctions including “Best New Restaurant in Southern California” and “Next Chef to Watch” within the restaurant’s first year.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: The account for schweidandsons needs to be reconnected. Due to recent Instagram platform changes this Instagram account needs to be reconnected in order to continue updating. Reconnect on plugin Settings page