Here in New Jersey where Schweid & Sons is located, there is regional burger known as a Jersey Slider. They’re quite delicious and one of our favorite styles of burgers. You’ll also find them in Detroit as well as Oklahoma, however their version is called an Onion Burger. It’s a simple and classic concept that only uses a few ingredients, they component of which is, you guessed it, onions. The ground beef is smashed into a thin patty on a flat cooking surface and cooked along with the onions.
1 package Schweid & Sons Sliders
1 large onion, sliced thin
1 package white squishy burger buns (no more than 3” across)
2 tablespoons Olive oil
Dill pickle slices (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper
- On a stove-top, pre-heat a skillet over medium heat with oil (on a grill, use a camp griddle) about 5 minutes.
- Add thinly slices onions to skillet and cook until onions are golden-brown on one side. Give the onions a quick stir, releasing them from the skillet.
- Place Schweid & Sons sliders on top of the onions. Using the back of a spatula gently spread the patties out to about 3 inches in diameter.
- Season the burgers lightly with salt & pepper. Cook until brown on one side, approximately 3 minutes.
- Flip one, placing a slice of cheese immediately on the patty as well as the bottom of the bun, upside down.
- Place the tops of the buns cut side down, on top of the bottom buns so they steam from the cooking of the ground beef and onions.
- Once other side is brown, remove and serve. Pickle slices are optional.
Follow schweid & Sons
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.