Alex Floethe’s Epic Burrito
This burrito isn’t called epic for no reason! It tastes just as delicious as it looks too, with the real goodness being a hidden gem—the inside! With a modern Mexican flair, the guacamole, jalapenos, and ground beef will make your mouth water. When combined with the traditional American breakfast topping, you get an experience that will leave your taste buds begging for another bite.
But the main ingredient in this combo dish is the caring and love that Alex Floethe brings to his food. Floethe, who is managing partner of S’macks Burgers & Shakes in Sarasota, FL. serves only top quality meat. The food he shares with the community is fresh, organic, locally sourced ingredients, making it a sustainable alternative to the traditional fast casual dining experience.
To get inside of Floethe’s brilliant mind listen to his interview on team empowerment and get some insight into what it’s like to market a burger joint.
- 4 twelve-inch Wheat Tortillas
- Unsalted Head of Leaf Lettuce, cut fine shredded
- 6 Strips of Bacon
- 4 Eggs
- 1 bulb Fresh Garlic
- 3 Fresh Jalapenos
- 1 1/2 Roma Tomatoes
- 4 Avocados, scooped and mashed
- 1 1/2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 White Onion, diced
- 3 Jalapenos, minced
- 1/8 cup Cilantro, minced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Magic Blackened Redfish Seasoning
- 1 pound White American Cheese
- 1 pound Velveeta Cheese
- 1 pint Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 White Onion, diced
- 1 pound Ground Beef, Schweid & Sons Butcher’s Blend
- 1 tablespoon Magic Redfish
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- Combine guacamole ingredients in mixing bowl and hand mix.
- Combine cheese sauce ingredients medium heat and stir until good thick consistency.
- Sautee Onion in butter first until translucent. Add ground beef, Magic Redfish, and salt. Drain fat.
- Cook Bacon till crispy. Drain fat and then dice to bits.
- Warm tortilla in oven on “warm” or “low.”
- Add beef, shredded lettuce, remainder of diced Roma tomatoes, and guacamole to each tortilla. Fold burrito into a wrap.
- Top with over easy egg, cheese sauce, bacon bits, and then Cholula.
About Alex Floethe
Alex is the Managing Partner of S’macks Burgers & Shakes in Sarasota, FL. They opened just two and a half years ago, and are looking to expand to other locations.
From the S’macks Burgers & Shakes website: “From our Never Ever Burgers (no hormones or steroids), our 100% grass-fed Bison burgers from a family-owned Punta Gorda ranch, our specially made S’macks Top Dogs, and our locally sourced potatoes & sustainably farmed produce, S’macks sets a new standard for Sarasota by combining fast casual dining with the highest quality burger ingredients.”
Want more delicious non-Burger ground beef recipes? Click the banner to snag a copy of This Is Not A Hamburger Cookbook, Schweid & Sons’s ground beef companion!