One of the coolest things about supplying a great Burger to so many restaurants is seeing the different takes on the American classics that each Chef or owner has to offer. Some of the most interesting menus are put together with high quality and amazing flavors in mind. To accomplish both, many chefs turn to all-natural and sustainable ingredients.
A perfect example of this is Maggie McFly’s. With various locations across Connecticut (and one New Jersey location on the way), they prepare all of their dishes from scratch using the highest quality products, including humanely raised chicken and Certified Angus Beef®.
Our friend Jenette Candee, the regional manager at Maggie McFly’s, shared one such tasty dish in the form of the Baja Burger, one of the chain’s signature half-pound Burgers made with 100% Certified Angus Beef® Chuck and Brisket. To make it at home, we recommend our Signature Series blend to get that classic flavor every Burger fan loves.
Maggie McFly’s Baja Burger
- 8 oz. hamburger meat
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 slices Jack Cheddar cheese
- 2 slices avocado
- 2 oz Pico De Gallo
- 2 slices hamburger bun
- 1/4 oz butter
- 1 tsp chipole mayo
- Place hamburger meat on the grill and cook for 2 minutes. Flip over and season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the desired temperature.
- Spray the bun with butter and place on flat top. Cook until crispy golden brown. Never place burger bun in the cheese melter.
- Place Burger on bun and spread the chipotle mayo on the entire inside surface. When the Burger is cooked, top with cheese, and place on the bottom bun.
- Stake avocado and pico de gallo, then cover with top bun and secure with skewer.
About Maggie McFly’s
Maggie McFly’s is a unique eatery with five locations all currently located in Connecticut. We have locations in Brookfield, Glastonbury, Manchester, Middlebury, Southbury with a sixth location expected Summer of 2016 in Rockaway, NJ.
Our Mission is to provide guests with an all-around incredible dining experience. Over 180 menu items are prepared from scratch using the freshest and highest quality ingredients available. Innovative creations as well as established favorites are offered in generous portions by our talented culinary teams.
We feature a great variety of items for individuals with gluten sensitivities and other dietary restrictions. All of the chicken served at Maggie’s is all natural, raised humanely and without the use of antibiotics or hormones. Our Beef is Certified Choice Angus and our Fresh Fish is long line or hook and line caught, whenever possible.